Transfer by train from Rome to the ruins of Pompeii on a 12-hour small group tour of the Sorrentine Peninsula. Skip the long lines to one of the world’s most famous ruins. Then, explore the beautiful coastal town of Sorrento, with some time at leisure.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Rome for the day on a combined small group tour of Pompeii and Sorrento on the Sorrentine Peninsula.
Depart Rome for Pompeii from Termini Station. A tour representative will provide you with your train tickets and take care of seating arrangements. On arrival in Naples, a local guide will be waiting to transfer you by private coach to Pompeii. Skip the long lines to enter the archaeological site, considered one of the finest in the world. Here, a local guide will take you on an interactive and educational journey back to the days of the Roman Republic.
Learn how the Romans lived as you explore ruins frozen in time by the volcanic ash of Vesuvius when it erupted in 79 AD. See the former homes of the city’s most influential residents in the recently-opened Domus. Marvel at the frescoes of animals, powerful gods and lush landscapes.
After a short coffee break, continue to Sorrento, overlooking the Bay of Naples. The coastal road provides ideal photo opportunities at a handful of stops en route. On arrival, a local guide will provide suggestions on what to see in your free time. Re-group to visit some of the town’s most characterful shops. Stop for a tasting of the famous limoncello liqueur, and learn how the unique lemony libation is produced from local ingredients.
Transfer back to Rome in the late afternoon. The coach will take you to the train station, where your guide will take care of seating arrangements to ensure you have a safe and relaxing trip back to the “Eternal City.”
- Tour itinerary, as per description
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees to Pompeii
- English-speaking local guide
- Limoncello tasting in Sorrento
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- High speed train tickets
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages not mentioned in "what's included"
Meet at Piazza dei Cinquecento, opposite the main entrance to Termini Station. Your guide will be at the far left just outside the entrance, wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket for ease of recognition
Directions by Metro: Get off at "Termini" and exit the station. Piazza dei Cinquecento is the large square in front of the station. The meeting point is on the far left hand side of the entrance
Directions by Taxi: Ask the driver to take you to the main entrance of the Termini Train Station in Piazza dei Cinquecento (GPS Coordinates: 41.901518, 12.501788)
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The guided tour of Pompeii is in groups no larger than 15 people
• Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to departure time so that your tour representative can provide you with the train tickets. They will accompany you to your seats. Late arrivals will not be eligible for a refund
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
• This tour is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance
• Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
• Some sites lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Please bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather