Explore Rome's delicious side on a walking tour with a local Roman guide. Visit colorful produce markets, legendary artisan grocers, and family-run restaurants to taste some of the region's best with stops in Campo de Fiori, Jewish Ghetto, and Trastevere.
What to Expect
Taste your way through some of Rome’s fabled restaurants, markets, and specialty food shops with an expert guide as you discover the succulent secrets of Italian cuisine!
Your 3.5-hour walking tour takes you to some of the city’s best-loved neighborhoods to sample a variety of different delights, from gleaming, beautifully-displayed fruits and vegetables in Campo de' Fiori (for the morning option) to the artisanal gelatos of the picturesque Trastevere neighborhood. Groups are kept to no more than 15 people so that you won't miss a sip, a bite, or an expertly woven point of Roman culinary heritage as you wander through lively plazas and flower-strewn side streets.
The stops include historical markets, bustling bakeries, gelaterias, and traditional restaurants where you'll share the delicious food and wines of the region. Sample pizza bianca, the legendary mid-morning snack of Rome, festooned with thin slices of savory mortadella; you'll also taste cool, flavorful gelato and expertly browned supplì: tomatoey fried rice balls stuffed with creamy morsels of mozzarella. You might even try fried codfish in the Jewish Ghetto and catch a waft of exotic spices in the Campo de' Fiori market. Through tasting, talking, savoring, and sharing, you'll learn about the culinary history of Italy, fundamental to so much of the culture's richness. You'll also get the inside scoop on any special food events taking place at the time of your visit.
By the end of the tour, you'll have learned to order food in Rome like a pro and where to find the best bites in town, preparing you to eat like an emperor for the rest of your Roman holiday!
- Visit to Campo de' Fiori Market
- Pizza bianca with mortadella
- Mozzarella cheese tasting with Roman salami
- Jewish Ghetto groceries and tasting of typical Roman food (fried artichoke, supplì, codfish)
- Pasta tasting in Trastevere
- Gourmet gelato in Trastevere
- Walking tour (maximum 15 people)
- Enthusiastic foodie guide
What's Not Included
- Additional food, not included in the program
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• Tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.
• Note: you are solely responsible for your health. The provider cannot guarantee accommodations for special food restrictions.