Enjoy privileged access to the Vatican Museums by beginning your tour an hour before the Museums officially open their doors. Visit the Sistine chapel before the crowds arrive. Learn about the Vatican’s secret rooms on this unique tour.
What to Expect
Be ready for an early start for your exclusive VIP admission to the Vatican Museums before they officially open to the public.
On this 3-hour tour you’ll meet your group at 07:30 by the Vatican walls. Enter the Vatican Museums with your tour guide an hour before the official opening time. Skip the lines, pick up your headset, and get ready for one of the world’s greatest collections of art.
Marvel at Michelangelo's stunning frescoes in the Sistine Chapel before the crowds arrive.
Visit the Museums with your guide, and learn about the art from the guide’s commentary. Visit some secret rooms, only accessible as a special treat on this tour. On your way to St. Peter's Basilica, re-enter the Sistine Chapel to see just how crowded it gets during normal opening hours.
Using a secret passage you’ll enter St. Peter's Basilica directly from the museum (not guaranteed during the Jubilee Year as special ceremonies inside the Basilica may lead to its closure).
Explore the Basilica on your own after your guided tour of the Museums.
During the Jubilee Year of Mercy 2016 St. Peter's basilica may be closed without previous notice. In these rare cases the tour will be conducted internally within the walls of the Museums.
- Admission ticket
- Fully-licensed professional guide
- Headsets so you can hear the guide clearly
- Skip-the-line entry
- Exclusive before-hours entrance to the Vatican
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• A dress code is in place for entering places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered (both men and women). You risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• The tour is not wheelchair accessible
• You will receive an official receipt, ensuring you are protected and Italian law is respected