Get behind the wheel of a vintage Fiat 500 and follow a tour leader's car along a 3-hour panoramic route of Rome. Feel like a celebrity as tourists take pictures of your candy-colored vehicles, and Romans gaze wistfully at their own Fiat 500 memories.
What to Expect
Enjoy a panoramic 3-hour sightseeing tour of Rome from behind the wheel of an iconic vintage Fiat 500. Departing from a garage just meters from the Colosseum, you will set off in convoy to see many of the Eternal City’s most historic sights.
But you are as much an attraction as the Roman Forum and narrow streets of Trastevere from the seat of your candy-colored car. Stop from time-to-time to take pictures of sites en route, such as the Arch of Constantine and Circus Maximus. See curious sights, such as the secret keyhole of Aventine Hill, and the charming Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta (Piazza of the Knights of Malta).
Drive along the Lungotevere, following the banks of the River Tiber. And cross into Trastevere, where the tight streets are a breeze for vehicles as small as the Fiat 500! Your guide will give brief explanations in English or French, before you head off again, never going faster than 18.5 mph (30 kmph). Vehicles even have a soft-top roof so you can enjoy the sun. Stop for a cappuccino or espresso, or one of the most incredible ice creams in Rome.
Please note: driver must be in possession of a European Union or an International driving license
If you don’t feel like driving, then a driver can be provided for a small surcharge. The tour is designed to reach spots that the big hop-on, hop-off buses can’t get to. And undoubtedly you’ll feel like a movie star on the red carpet as you turn heads wherever you go.
You can choose between 2 different options: a 90-minute tour or a 3-hour tour.
- Car rental
- Tour leader fees
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages
- Entrance tickets to archaeological site, galleries, villas etc.
Pick up your vehicle at Via Ostilia 48. The garage is located 200 meters from the Colosseum.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The Fiat 500s have open-top roofs, so a hat will help protect you from the sun
• Please note that the precise itinerary might change due to traffic or unforeseeable public events
• Keep in mind that Fiat 500s are small compared to modern vehicles. Bookings are only accepted for 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children per car
• The driver must be in possession of and carry with her/him a valid European Union driving license or international driver's license.
• The driver must be used to driving a MANUAL car. Occasional driving experience with manual cars is not enough to handle the vintage cars; the tour operator reserves the right to refuse to let the car in case the driver is not sufficiently expert to drive a manual car and there will be no refund