Classical Rome Guided Walking Tour
From £82 per personBook now
- Go beyond the most common tourist sites to delve deeper into the history and legacy of ancient Rome
- See the Pantheon, Theater of Marcellus and Campus Martius, training ground for the Roman legions
- Learn from an expert guide how centuries of renovation and rebuilding incorporated ancient elements
This Classical Rome walk starts on the banks of the Tiber with the Republican-era temples of Hercules Victor and Portunus. Your guide, a classical or archaeological expert, will show you how ancient elements were absorbed and new ones added over many restorations, as with the nearby churches of S. Maria in Cosmedin and San Nicola in Carcere.
From the Theatre of Marcellus through to the Campus Martius (Field of Mars), the ancient training ground of the Roman army, you can see the Pantheon, the Temple of Hadrian and the column of Marcus Aurelius.
The exact route varies with the expertise of the guide and desires of the group, but it will tell the story behind the many layers of Rome as it built upon itself through the centuries.
- The Theater of Marcellus
- The Campus Martius (Field of Mars)
Meet in front of Antico Caffè del Teatro Marcello, Via del Teatro Marcello, 42. Please meet just to the left of the entrance, by the fence that borders the Teatro Marcello archaeological site.
• Walks are held come rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather
Product ID: 14654