Take an afternoon walking tour of Rome’s famous monuments and piazzas. Visit sites that date back to Roman times, such as the column of Piazza Colonna and the Pantheon, to Renaissance and Baroque squares, palaces and fountains.
What to Expect
Rome’s famous squares, monuments, fountains and artists offer you the very best attractions on this 2.5-hour afternoon walking tour. Let the Eternal City enchant you as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways, and discover some of the world’s most famous sites, such as the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.
Travel back in time and admire all of the city’s must-see art and architecture, in a single afternoon!
Begin in Piazza del Popolo, the traditional northern “door to Rome,” with the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo as the first church that visitors to Rome would see upon entering its gates.
The Spanish Steps, with its lively atmosphere and stunning views, bring you down into the winding alleys of the heart of the historic center, where you will encounter the ornate Trevi Fountain. Throw a coin in the fountain and promise to return!
Continue with a stop at Piazza Colonna and see the column erected by Marcus Aurelius that is now considered by Romans as the very center of the city. We will also stop at the Pantheon to explore its impressive concrete dome and open oculus. Nearby, visit Piazza Navona to get a close-up view of Bernini’s famous “Fountain of the Four Rivers,” triumphantly marking its ornate center.
Finally, you will go to Piazza Navona for a taste of one of the liveliest and most famous piazzas in Rome.
- Expert guide
- Small groups of no more than 25 people
- 1 gelato (in the summer) or 1 hot chocolate or cappuccino (in the winter)
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Know Before You Go
• Tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
• Guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour. Strollers or baby carriages must be left at home.
• Entrance into the Pantheon requires a strict dress code, as it is a church. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders tour company cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
• Please note that on Saturday the Pantheon will be closed for Mass.
• Please note that the tour ends at Piazza Navona and lasts 2.5 hours