From Civitavecchia: Full-Day Cruise Shore Excursion to Rome
Pickup includedPick-up next to your cruise ship at Civitavecchia Cruise Terminal. Your driver will be holding a sign with the name of the supplier, for ease of recognition.
- See the best of Rome and the Vatican City in one day
- Skip the long lines to look inside the spectacular Colosseum
- Get panoramic views of Rome from Palatine Hill
- Explore the galleries of the Vatican Museums, and see art by Raphael, Michelangelo and more
- Go inside the Sistine Chapel and learn how Michelangelo created his famous masterpiece
- Marvel at the Laocoonte Sculpture in the Octagonal Courtyard of the Vatican City
- Admire the soaring dome and stunning art works of St. Peter's Basilica
- Travel in comfort from and to Civitavecchia Cruise Terminal
Transfer from the port to the city center by luxury minivan. Upon arrival, travel back to the days of the Roman Republic with a skip-the-line guided tour of the Arch of Constantine. Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors and mighty gladiators on a fast-track guided tour of the Colosseum.
Your guide will provide all the facts about the amphitheater, which was constructed in 72 AD as the centerpiece of the Roman Empire. Walk around the 1st floor for views that emperors and senators once enjoyed.
Next, learn about everyday life in Ancient Rome at the Forum. Hear about the temples and other monuments, including the Arch of Titus, constructed in 82 AD by the Emperor Domitian to commemorate the victories of his brother Titus, including the Siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
Ascend Palatine Hill, one of the legendary “7 Hills of Rome,” and imagine how Rome once looked when the hill was the site of the Empire’s imperial baths, gardens, temples and luxury homes of the emperors. After the Ancient tour you will have approximately 1 hour free for lunch, before skipping the long lines to the Vatican Museums.
Discover one of the world’s most impressive collections of art and antiquities, including rooms of ancient sculptures, tapestries, and age-old maps. See Michelangelo’s glorious frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, before going inside St. Peter's Basilica to experience the majesty of one of the most famous religious sites in the Catholic world.
Transfer back to Civitavecchia Port by minibus, with a drop off directly by your cruise ship for your comfort and convenience.
- English-speaking driver
- Pick-up and drop off at Civitavecchia Port
- Transportation by luxurious, air-conditioned minibus
- Licensed guide
- Mono-lingual tour
- Skip-the-line headsets
- Admission fees to monuments and museums
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• Please note that the transfer from the Pantheon (the last stop on the Ancient tour) to the Vatican Museums is not included in the voucher