Catch the train from Rome to the former harbor town of the imperial city on a 4-hour tour of Ostia Antica. Learn what life was like for ordinary Roman citizens as you see the main monuments of the commercial and military seaport of the Roman Republic.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
Meet at the Cafe Piramide opposite the Piramide Metro Station (Line B/Blue Line). You can identify the cafè by the red umbrellas on the tables outside. The scheduled meeting time is 8:25 AM for an 8:40 AM departure. The coordinator will be wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sports shoes
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- There will be a toilet break, with time for a snack and/or drink at the snack bar
- The tour service ends in Rome at the Piramide Metro Station (at approximately 13:00-13:30). You are free to remain in Ostia after the tour if you prefer. Train tickets are provided, but your return journey will be unescorted
- In case of a transportation strike or other unforeseeable problem with the public transport system, a minibus will be provided at no extra cost to transfer clients to and from Ostia Antica
- While day trips are typically of a fixed duration, external factors may occasionally extend tour times slightly