Tiber Valley and Orvieto Full-Day Bike Tour from Rome
From £133 per personBook now
- Cycle the quiet lanes of the Tiber Valley
- Experience the peace and quiet of the Alviano Nature Reserve
- Go to the "dying town" of Civita di Bagnoregio
- See one of the great masterpieces of the Late Middle Ages at Orvieto Cathedral
Experience the tranquility of the Alviano Nature Reserve, and pedal uphill to Civita di Bagnoregio. Known locally as “The Dying Town,” the once thriving cliffside village is one of Italy’s most beautiful towns from the Middle Ages. Perched on a plateau of rock that is connected to the rest of the world by a narrow bridge, cross on foot or by bike for breathtaking views.
Continue biking through the lovely landscapes of Umbria, heading for Orvieto, the climax of your day. Built on a summit of volcanic tuff, the city’s defensive walls are constructed from tufa stone.
Explore Orvieto's enchanting streets, and go to the impressive 14th-century cathedral (Duomo), with a Gothic façade considered one of the masterpieces of the Late Middle Ages. Marvel at the large rose window and golden mosaics, before dinner in a wine cellar, and your transfer back to Rome.
- A 30-gear disk-brake trekking bike, carbon mountain bike, or e-bike
- Limar helmet
- English-speaking guide
- Packed lunch and a few snacks
- Train ticket
- Ticket for the lift up to Orvieto
- Dinner in a wine cellar in Orvieto
Meet your guide at Via Labicana 49, Rome Directions: Take the Metro to "Colosseum." At the main exit of the station, turn left. Walk straight past the Colosseum, following the street as it becomes Via Labicana. Continue walking for about 5 minutes. You will find number 49 on the right hand side. From Metro "Manzoni," walk down Viale Manzoni towards the Colosseum. Continue walking until the street turns into Via Labicana. Number 49 is on the right hand side
• Please note that the tour takes 12-14 hours. You will cycle about 37 miles (60 kilometers), to an elevation of about 2,625 feet (800 meters). The ascent is challenging by mountain or trekking bike, and leisurely by e-bike
Product ID: 47469