Great views, great food, great wine and great stories — this tour has it all. Get a taste for both old and new Monterosso on this walking tour, before digging into authentic aperitivo at a traditional local cafe.
What to Expect
Your Cinque Terre tour will start out in the new part of Monterosso village, where there’s plenty of coastline and little rocky beaches to see. You’ll walk to the end of this area and check out the ancient statue on the rocks called “the Giant of Monterosso.”
From there, continue to a spot that overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and the coast of Cinque Terre. Trust us, there are beautiful views to be found here. From this point, you’ll continue along a short path that takes you down to the old area of Monterosso. Walk through the narrow streets where the houses are brightly colored, and take a look at the old Genoese gothic church. Finally, grab a seat to enjoy our aperitivo.
Settle into a traditional cafe where you can experience the best bites of local food and sip wine produced in Cinque Terre. While enjoying all the traditional flavors, the owner will share the local secrets behind what you're eating and drinking, as well as a few good stories about Monterosso.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and drink tastings
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/ gratuities for your guide
Monterosso train station on platform 1, just outside the tourist information office
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes for walking
• You will need to have your knees and shoulders covered to enter the church
• Child-friendly tour
• Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking
• Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page