This trip provides one of the most interesting tours of the city, one that's not just on a postcard but also provides multiple views of the beaches. The trail starts above the favela ("slum") of Vidigal.
What to Expect
This trip provides one of the most interesting tours of the city, one that's not just on a postcard but also provides multiple views of the beaches of Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado and Gávea Rock. The trail starts above the favela of Vidigal, where the group will go up by car or motorbike taxi. A view of the famous breathtaking beaches is a perfect place to understand the social occupation its aspects and contrasts of Rio.
The trail leading up Two Brothers (Dois Irmãos) Mountain is certainly one of the most interesting of the city. With views of Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado beaches and Gávea stone, it provides a view of Rio that not everyone gets to see. You'll travel up the trail via kombi (VW bus); the trail starts at the top of the favela of Vidigal, then moves through the forest. The trip takes about an hour and a half to the summit of the highest mountain (533-meters high). From here, you have a breathtaking view of the most famous beaches; it is the perfect viewpoint to reflect on the contrasts of Rio de Janeiro.
Afterwards you will walk down on foot to the community streets on the way to the ecological park Sitiê, with multiple photo stops along the way. After so many stunning visuals, you are ready to enjoy a delicious lunch with a great view.
- Lunch with dessert
- Beverages (water or soda)
- Professional local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply – there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements – in the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund