Come to the far reaches of the west zone of Rio de Janeiro where you'll get an entirely new perspective of the city! Hike to a breathtaking panoramic view of the city, then come down to the most pristine isolated beach to bask in Rio's sun and beauty.
What to Expect
The start to this fantastic day begins by meeting together at the centrally located meeting point at 08:00 and hopping in the van to head west. It takes roughly 1-1.5 hours to arrive, and in that time you learn about the expansion of the west zone of Rio de Janeiro. When the van arrives in Guaratiba, you start a 45 minute hike up to the top of Telegrafo Rock. The 360 degree view will make your jaw drop.
At the top just relax and enjoy some traditional snacks. Then the group makes its way down to the white sandy beaches below, where everyone will enjoy the Brazilian sun they had come so far for. After you've soaked up enough rays and caught enough waves, everyone will go to the beach front restaurant on Prainha Beach. We recommend the moqueca, a traditional Northeastern fish dish, but there is no going wrong with this menu (food not included). You can even indulge in a Capirinha, the national drink, if you so fancy.
After everyone fills their stomachs, the van will casually cruise back to the meeting point, making it back around 16:30 or 17:00, leaving you and your crew completely satisfied with a part of Rio de Janeiro you'll be very happy you had the chance to see.
- Transportation: Pick-up/drop off from centrally located meeting point
- Local bilingual guide
- Traditional snacks
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• A considerable amount of walking/hiking is involved
• Recommended to bring: sport shoes, sport clothes, swimwear, water, sunscreen, insect repellant
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather (heavy rain, flooding, thunder and lightening), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund