Discover Rio in a fun and unconventional way with a touch of adventure blended with comfort on this 8 hour tour. Observe beautiful landscapes and cascading waterfalls as you trek through the Tijuca Forest.
What to Expect
Between 8:00am and 9:00am, your guide will pick you up from your centrally located accommodations. From there, begin the drive to the Tijuca Forest, one of the largest urban forests in the world. For your first stop, head to the "Vista Chinesa", a beautiful spot where the beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana can be seen, as well as Guanabara Bay and the city of Niteroi. Stop by crystal clear waterfalls before heading to a light hiking trail inside of the forest.
Leave the forest and head to the Corcovado Mountain where the Christ the Redeemer statue is located, postcard of Rio de Janeiro and one of the most beautiful landscapes of the Marvelous City. After visiting Christ the Redeemer statue, you will visit the Dona Marta, a visually stunning place to photograph Rio de Janerio from above. There, you can see part of the North Zone of Rio with Maracanã, the South Zone, the Center, the Guanabara Bay, the Sugar Loaf Mountain and Niterói.
Return by the Laranjeiras neighborhood and go to the Prado restaurant located in the Brazilian Jockey Club for lunch. After lunch, you will proceed to Sugar Loaf Mountain, a natural and historical mark of this incredible city. Towards the end of the tour, visit the Botanical Garden, created by D. João VI in 1817, with the propose of cultivation of exotic plants. Once you are finished, re-board the vehicle and head back to your Rio hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Minimum age is 10 years
• A small amount of walking is involved
• It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes, a light snack, water, sunscreen, and insect repellent
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.