The Rio de Janeiro favelas are known worldwide for their colors, diversity, traditions and culture. This tour will take you into the heart of the favelas with an expert guide.
What to Expect
On this favela Jeep tour, you will see the daily routines of the community in the Rocinha favela: visit residents, schools and markets. Rocinha is the largest favela in Brazil, located in Rio de Janeiro's South Zone between the neighborhoods of São Conrado and Gávea. You will learn about the culture and traditions of this favela from your expert guide.
Built on a steep hillside overlooking Rio de Janeiro, about one kilometer from a nearby beach, Rocinha is home to almost 150,000 people. In contrast to shanty towns or slums, Rocinha has a well-developed infrastructure and hundreds of businesses such as banks, medicine stores, bus lines, cable television (including locally-based channel TV ROC), and, at one time, a McDonald's franchise. These factors help to classify Rocinha as a Favela Bairro, or neighborhood.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip private transfers
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any item not listed as included
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Minimum age is 10 years
• A small amount of walking is involved
• It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent