Rio de Janeiro Corcovado and Sugarloaf Mountain Tour
From £95 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up available from most hotels in Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana. If you want to avoid any waiting time, please ask for the last meeting point location when reconfirming your tour or when selecting your pick-up point. Please contact the local service provider if you don't know your pick-up time.
- See the Christ the Redeemer statue before the crowds arrive
- Ride the oldest cable car in South America
- Stop at Urca Hill and Sugarloaf Mountain for spectacular views
See the old mansion houses of the coffee barons in the Laranjeiras and Cosme Velho districts. Arrive at Tijuca Forest and board the vehicles of the National Park Authority at Paineiras. Then, ascend to the Christ the Redeemer statue and gaze across at the magnificent landscape.
Next, head to Sugarloaf Mountain, stopping en route at the square of Largo do Boticário and the Casa dos Abacaxis to admire the relics of the Brazilian Empire. Continue along Botafogo Beach towards Praia Vermelha in the district of Urca. Look at the neoclassical buildings of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, the Institute Benjamin Constant for the blind and the National Institute for Mineral Resources.
Then, board the cable car to ride up Sugarloaf Mountain, and experience the first cable car service to be built in South America (and the third oldest in the world). Go to Urca Hill, 200 meters above sea level, and continue to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain (395 meters) for a 30-minute stop.
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up (selected hotels only) in the neighborhoods of Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
- Small group tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
If your hotel is outside the pick-up area, or you haven't requested a hotel pick-up, the meeting point is the Windsor Atlantica Hotel, Avenida Atlantica, 1020 Copacabana.
• Please note that if the road is closed due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
• This activity is wheelchair accessible. Please advise at time of booking
• Tours operate daily in the mornings and afternoon and last 4.5 hours
• Stops include Paineiras, the Christ the Redeemer statue and the Sugarloaf tourist complex
• All entry fees or tickets are included
• In the event of poor visibility on the summit of Corcovado Mountain, you will make an alternative stop at Mirante Dona Marta (362 meters), where it is usually less affected by the clouds
Product ID: 73913