Rio de Janeiro: Pedra da Gávea Hike to Garganta do CeuProduct ID: 54521
From £75 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from hotels in the touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro (south zone and downtown). If your hotel is not supported by the pick-up service you will be directed to the nearest pick-up point.
- Overcome basic rock-climbing challenges with a specialist guide
- Experience one of the best views of Rio de Janeiro from the cave of Garganta do Ceu
- Go to the summit of Pedra da Gávea, 842 meters above sea level
- Learn the legends and mysteries of an ancient land
While shorter than the traditional Pedra da Gávea trail, this hike is considered more difficult as it is steeper and requires good orienteering skills. First, hike through the dense forest with your specialist guide. Upon arrival at the cave of Garganta do Ceu, soak up the spectacular views. Then, continue along the trail to the summit of Pedra da Gávea. Here, you will need to complete some basic rock climbing with the aid of steel cables. All climbing equipment is provided, along with assistance from your guide. Benefit from their expertise as they help the group with all safety techniques and procedures needed.
Once at the summit, look out at Guanabara Bay, the districts of Ipanema and Leblon, São Conrado, the Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos region. Catch your breath before starting your descent. Return to the base of Pedra da Gávea via Carrasqueira. Descend using techniques similar to your climb. Rappel down the rocks as your guide keeps control of the equipment for your safety. Relax and keep your eyes open for the native wild animals of the Atlantic rainforest of Rio de Janeiro along the way.
- Bilingual, eco-adventure specialist guide
- Guided hike to Garganta do Ceu and Pedra da Gávea
- Certified climbing equipment for local use
- Personal accident insurance and transportation
- Any item not listed in "what's included"
Pick-up from hotels in the touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro (south zone and downtown). If your hotel is not supported by the pick-up service you will be directed to the nearest pick-up point. (Open in Google Maps)
• When booking this tour, you attest knowledge of the risk inherent in the activities
• The itinerary and order of sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions inherent in the practice of the supplier
• It is recommended that you bring comfortable hiking shoes with good grip, a light snack, 3 liters of water, sunscreen, insect repellent and a backpack to carry your things
Product ID: 54521