Rio de Janeiro Tour: The Favela ExperienceProduct ID: 38339
From £40.12 per personBook now
- Experience the reality of life in the favela shantytowns
- See the first peacemaking unit (UPP) of the Rio 2016 safety program
- Understand the favela’s history and current improvements
- See where Michael Jackson’s music video was filmed
- Marvel at the stunning views of Guanabara Bay and Botafogo area
This Rio de Janeiro tour will give you a unique insider’s view into the real Rio, from its beautiful vistas to one of its favelas made famous in Michael Jackson’s ‘They Don’t Care About Us’ music video. Step into the Santa Marta favela accompanied by your local guide, wander through the community, meeting the people who live here and seeing the places made famous in the video. Navigate the narrow alleys, learn about local life and dispel some of the myths about these vibrant communities.
For anyone wishing to experience the real Rio, you simply can’t miss this experience. From beautiful vistas and iconic locations, to some of the communities that have helped make this city the melting pot that it is, you’re sure to find Rio a captivating and complex place that will steal your heart forever.
- English-speaking local guide and transportation.
- Items of a personal nature, and tips or gratuities for your local guide.
Please meet by the statue directly outside the Copacabana Palace Hotel, located at: Avenida Atlântica 1702 - Copacabana Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001 (Open in Google Maps)
Confirmation of booking: Please contact Rio De Janeiro Urban Adventures to confirm your tour 24 hours prior to departure.
Child policy: Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Product ID: 38339