Explore Centro Rio: Small Group Tour
From £44 per personBook now
- Metropolitan Cathedral – this architectural landmark is over 250 feet high, and holds over 20,000 people
- Municipal Theater – the premier theater in Rio, it first opened in 1909 and still hosts Rio’s symphony and ballet company.
- Praça XV – the beautifully preserved former home of the ruling family, the square is surrounded by historical churches and monuments.
- Lapa Arches – the aqueducts were built in the XVIII century and over 850 feet long, and connect Santa Teresa and Lapa.
- Santana Park – lush park downtown, where Marshal Deodoro da Fonseca first declared Brazil’s independence from Portugal.
After touring that, you’ll visit Rua Primeiro de Marco and head to the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (the CCBB). The CCBB is one of the cultural highlights of Rio, and home to countless interesting exhibits and performances through the year, and if you are lucky you will get to see something cutting edge, while also exploring its striking interior.
Once you’ve explored the CCBB, you’ll head to see the oldest church in all of Rio, São Bento, which dates back to the 16th century. This world heritage site is decorated with ornate gold details that give it an unforgettable profound radiance. You’ll continue your exploration of Rio’s monuments with a stop at the Catedral Metropolitana, one of Rio’s most inspired churches. You’ll admire its tremendous stained glass and incredible pyramid ceiling while visiting one of Brazil’s most interesting architectural highlights.
Next up on your tour of Centro Rio, is a stop by Cinelândia - one of Rio’s most famous squares. The square’s highlights include the legendary Teatro Municipial, one of the world’s most ornate and still home to Rio’s national ballet, and the Odeon, Rio’s oldest theater.
In between architectural highlights, you’ll also explore local spots like Saara, the area’s Lebanese shopping district, complete with a flea market full of every trinket and treasure you can think of. You’ll finish up your tour with a sample of local epicurean favorites with a coffee and pastry break at Rio’s most famous café.
Don’t delay! Book your tour of Rio’s Centro neighborhood today!
- 5-hour tour with knowledgeable guide
- Any incidentals (transportation tickets, refreshments)
Your exact meeting point will be sent directly to you via email. Your meeting point email includes a detailed directions including a map and photo of where your guide will meet your group.
Product ID: 51642