Discover the tropical forests and fjords of Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande on a 12-hour sightseeing tour from Rio de Janeiro. Marvel at the flora of an Atlantic rainforest, and travel by boat to selected islands, such as Ilha de Cataguases.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Rio de Janeiro and enjoy a full-day tour to Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande. See blue waters and the green of an Atlantic rainforest, and sail to hidden lagoons and beaches.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Rio de Janeiro, transfer to Angra dos Reis, part of a grand complex of bays and hundreds of islands on the Costa Verde. Home to more than 2,000 beaches, Angra dos Reis is a paradise for Brazilians and international tourists alike.
Upon arrival, go to the port of Angra to board a schooner that will take you to Ilha Grande (Big Island) and its beautiful beaches. Marvel at the crystal clear water, and see mountains that are full of hiking trails.
Pass the island of Ilha de Cataguases, with its peculiar formation due to 2 small sections of land that originated from the Serra do Mar. See the natural aquarium of the Lagoa Azul, one of the finest diving spots on Ilha Grande. Discover a collection of live sea stars at the bottom of a pool as you swim with shoals of colorful fish, squid, and coral.
Go to Ponta da Piedade beach, and laze on the fine sand, or walk to the Igreja da Piedade (Church of Mercy). Marvel at the twin islands of Ilhas Botinas (also known as “Ilhas Gêmeas” and take a dip or dive into the incredibly clear waters.
- Licensed, bilingual guide
- Boat tour of Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande
- Lunch served on board the boat
- Fruit table served on board the boat
- Round-trip transportation
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional basic snorkeling equipment (available to rent on board the boat)
- Any item not listed in "what's included"
Know Before You Go
• The possession of weapons, drug use or the consumption of alcohol before or during this activity is not allowed, under penalty of cancellation of the tour
• When booking this tour, you accept the risk of booking "Adventure Tourism" activities
• The itinerary and order of the sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions inherent in the practice of adventure tourism