Reykjavik: Midnight Sun Whale Watching Tour
From £61 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up and drop off is offered for an additional charge of EUR 13 per adult and EUR 6.50 per child. The pick-up starts 45 minutes before each departure and serves all hotels and guesthouses in the Reykjavík area.
- Encounter whales, dolphins and harbor porpoises off the coast of Reykjavik
- Sail into the Midnight sun with Iceland's only environmentally certified whale watching company
- Cruise from Faxafloi Bay to look for minke whales
- Keep up-to-date with the online Whale Diary and monitor sightings and conditions in the area
- Help protect and preserve the wildlife and scenery of Iceland's magnificent landscape
Climb aboard a whale watching boat operated by the only environmentally certified whale watching company in Iceland, and explore the southern part of Faxafloi Bay in the Midnight sun of the summer months. On the 3.5-hour tour you will get up-close to whales such as playful minke, as well as see abundant sea birds, dolphin and harbor porpoise.
Whales are seen on more than 95% of summer tours, often surfacing within a few meters from the boats. To ensure that the animals are not disturbed, boats sail at a constant speed towards the whales' habitat. This is part of a sustainability policy, trying to minimize oil use and pollution.
Guides have all gone through an extensive training program, based on exclusively developed guiding principles. They will provide valuable information about the wildlife and scenery in an entertaining way. And as a successful whale watching tour is a team effort, the crew work closely with passengers to spot the whales, helping you feel an important part of the experience.
- Warm overalls, raincoats and blankets on board
- Naturalist guide to enhance your experience
- Refreshments (available to purchase on board)
Meet at the Elding ticket office right in the heart of Reykjavík, no more than 300 meters (5 minutes) walk from the downtown Tourist Information Centre. Exchange your ticket before heading to the boats. Ægisgarður 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
• By buying a ticket for this tour you are contributing to the summer research projects, environmentally friendly and responsible tourism and non-governmental organizations for the protection of wildlife
Product ID: 34791