Explore a hidden underground world in the wilderness of Reykjavik, and witness first hand the magical rock formations left behind by volcanic eruptions. Probe the dark lava tunnels and then snorkel in the unique fissures of Silfra.
What to Expect
This full-day combined snorkeling and lava caving adventure tour starts with pick up from Reykjavik. As the conditions in Iceland vary greatly between seasons, visit one of two different lava caves.
As you explore the hidden world beneath one of Iceland‘s lava fields, enjoy the opportunity to discover first hand the marvels created by past volcanic activity. Accompanied by a certified guide, experience the wonders of the lava tube cave and hear all there is to know about the formation of the cave.
Snorkeling in Silfra is your second adventure of this combo tour, although this can vary. Silfra fissure is one of Iceland’s best-kept secrets, an otherworldly scene that is famous for its heavenly shades of blue. Located in the heart of the historic site of Thingvellir National Park, the crystal-clear water gives you a feeling of being weightless as you float along with the lazy current.
During your snorkeling adventure between the tectonic plates, benefit from the accompaniment of a certified snorkeling guide. All necessary gear is provided for this tour. Please note that you can rent a waterproof digital camera or purchase a waterproof disposable camera directly from the operator to snap unique photos during your black and blue adventure in Iceland that you can then share with your loved ones back home.
- Pick-up from Reykjavík
- Caving and caving gear
- Snorkeling and snorkeling gear
- Certified PADI dive guide / Dive-master & an expert caving guide.
- Silfra admission fee
Know Before You Go
• Please bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head-wear, gloves, warm undergarment clothing (fleece/wool sweater and pants), warm socks, a small towel and a change of clothing. Good hiking shoes are also recommended (hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented from the operator if notified in advance)
• If you have a bad eyesight, please wear contact lenses or bring your own prescription goggles. Wearing glasses will break prevent the goggles from sealing, letting water in; glasses cannot be worn under goggles
• Due to guide/customer ratio limitations and Thingvellir National Park regulations this tour sells out frequently; book well in advance
• Being able to swim is not required but recommended; you must be able to feel comfortable in the water. People who cannot swim tend to panic in water and this is less than ideal
• This is a combo tour; unfortunately, meeting on location is not an option