Join us for a boat tour off the coast of Reykjavik in the North Atlantic ocean, and take in the majestic Northern Lights as they sparkle in the night sky. This 2-hour boat tour takes off from Reykjavik's harbour to a perfect spot for admiring the auroras.
What to Expect
Hunting the northern lights from the ocean is an amazing experience; sailing away from the coastline of Reykjavik and seeing the aurora borealis out on the North-Atlantic ocean, with beautiful mountains and the city lights in the backround, is something you won't ever forget.
This unique tour takes about 2 hours, departing from Reykjavik´s old harbour in a luxurious boats, either Rósin or Andrea. Enjoy great views of the beautiful coastline of the capital on the way out to search for the northern lights. In only 15-30 minutes you will be at a prime location away from the city lights, perfect for viewing the auroras.
Please remember that this tour is highly dependent on correct weather conditions. Cancellation may occur if the circumstances are not in your favour.
When the northern lights forecast looks good - but if it is too windy to go out on sea - guests will be taken out for a northern lights tour on a small private bus to hunt for the lights on land. They will be offered a spot on the next available northern lights cruise free of charge.
- Warm overalls
- Wireless Internet on board
What's Not Included
- Pick-up (can be purchased for an additional ISK 2,000)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• If you don't catch the lights during your tour you will receive a complimentary ticket to try again
• You will be contacted if the tour is cancelled however it is strongly recommended that you double-check the weather condition for the day of your tour
• Knowledgeable guides are available to answer any questions you may have