Explore the dramatic landscapes of Iceland's "Golden Circle" in the morning and see the Northern Lights in the evening on a 2-part tour from Reykjavik. Visit the Þingvellir National Park and admire the Arctic tundra, go to Gullfoss Waterfall and more.
What to Expect
Experience the dramatic scenery and natural phenomena of Iceland on a 2-part combination tour, starting with a morning tour of the legendary "Golden Circle."
Depart Reykjavik to visit Iceland's 3 iconic natural treasures, including the Þingvellir National Park and Gullfoss Waterfall. Discover where the earth's North American and Eurasian plates pulled apart at Geysir and watch the geothermal waters and steam spout skywards from the geyser. Admire the cascades of Gullfoss Waterfall, where a glacial river thunders 32 meters into a canyon.
Then, take a 3 to 6-hour break and grab dinner before your evening Northern Lights tour. When night falls, search for the elusive Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in the Icelandic wilderness, depending on the weather forecast and visibility conditions. Only visible during the winter months, the spectacular phenomenon is one of Iceland's biggest and most magical draws.
- Pick-up from accommodations in Reykjavik
- Local guide
- Specially-trained Northern Lights guide
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charger for each seat
- In-bus audio guide (available in 10 different languages)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Northern Lights are only visible during the winter months
• Children aged 12-15 are entitled to a 50% discount. Children aged 0-11 can travel for free
• This activity runs from August 28 to September 30 and April 1 to April 15 at 22:00, and from October 1 to March 31 at 21:00 daily
• Departures are dependent on the weather
• There is no minimum number for this activity and no age limit
• Please wear warm and waterproof clothes as the weather can change suddenly. Expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, and headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
• The total travelling time is around 10 hours, including a minimum 30-minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park and an approximate 3-hour Northern Lights tour
• You are advised to bring your own headphones for the audio guide as they will fit you best and it's better for the environment