Follow in the footsteps of Vikings and walk through the lava canyon of Þingvellir National Park on a 6-hour tour of Iceland's Golden Circle. See the erupting hot springs of Geysir and marvel at the cascading waters of the Gullfoss Waterfall.
What to Expect
Climb aboard a modern bus with USB chargers and Wi-Fi-connected computer tablets in each seat, and use the GPS-sensitive, in-bus audio guide to track your way around Iceland's legendary Golden Circle. Choose from one of the 10 available languages, and ask the accompanying local guide any questions you might have.
Journey to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Þingvellir National Park to see the site of the world's oldest existing parliament. Marvel at the rift valley where the huge tectonic plates of America and Eurasia drift apart, and cast your eyes on the shores of Iceland’s biggest lake.
Continue to the hot springs of Geysir to experience Iceland’s most famous natural attraction at the site of the nation's original geyser. Feel the ground shake and watch the steaming hot water of the Strokkur Geyser erupt every few minutes into the sky.
End your Golden Circle tour with a visit to Gullfoss, where you can take an easy walk to the edge of the waterfall for a truly mesmerizing sight. Watch as the powerful glacial river flows down 32 meters on 2 levels, descending into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Reykjavik (excluding private homes and Airbnb rentals)
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charger per seat
- In-bus audio guide, with a choice of languages
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is available year round (depending on the weather)
• Children aged 12 to 15 are entitled to a 50% discount. Children aged 0 to 11 years can travel for free
• There are no minimum number of participant requirements and no age limit to join this tour
• Dress according to the weather. It is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden in Iceland. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves and good outdoor shoes
• You are recommended to bring your own headphones as they will fit you best and it is better for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones with you, or forgot to bring them on the day, they can be purchased on board the bus
• The tour will take approximately 6 hours, including a minimum 30-minute stop at the Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park
• There are shops in Geysir and Gullfoss where you can buy food and drinks
• The total distance covered is 290 kilometers