Marvel at volcanic landscapes and nature's power at Iceland's newest eruption site at Geildingadalir Valley. Upgrade to visit the Blue Lagoon after.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 - 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Please note that buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik center so your pickup may be from the nearest bus stop. You will be notified of your exact pickup location.
- Admire the ever-changing active eruption site at Geldingadalir Valley
- Hike and explore stunning landscapes in the Reykjanes volcanic zone
- Take a walk across the Bridge Between Continents
- Visit the Gunnuhver Hot Springs and marvel at Valahnúkamöl
- Relax and unwind at the Blue Lagoon Spa after your hike (optional)
- Professional tour guide
- Minibus transportation
- Guided hike to the Geldingadalir Valley (Fagradalsfjall Mountain) eruption site
- Pickup and drop-off within Reykjavik
- Free Wi-Fi on bus and USB chargers next to every seat
- Comfort Admission (entrance, towel rental and welcome drink) to the Blue Lagoon (if option selected)
- Lunch (scheduled stops are made to buy lunch or snacks during the tour)
- Swimwear at the Blue Lagoon
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems
- People with low level of fitness
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine — please make sure to dress appropriately.
- Hiking boots are mandatory; they are available to rent for an additional fee of ISK 1500 per pair.
- This tour involves a hike with an elevation of around 200–300 meters (650–1000 feet), depending on current conditions.