Day Trip to Landmannalaugar: The Pearl of the HighlandsProduct ID: 69825
From £94 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavik is available on request. Please note, pick-up is not available from private homes or Air BnBs but can be made from the nearest hotel.
- Drive by the base of Mt. Hekla to see Iceland’s most active volcano
- See the rhyolite mountains of Iceland's Highlands and the black lava field of Laugarhraun
- Hike in the wilderness of Landmannalaugar or relax in the geothermal pool
Board the bus at the Harpa Concert Hall in Reykjavik. Then cross Highland areas en route to Landmannalaugar. Note that the bus departure from Hella is at 09:10 and must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Drive past the foothills of Mt. Hekla and marvel at Iceland's most active volcano.
See colorful rhyolite mountains and the black expanse of the Laugarhraun lava field. Upon arrival at Landmannalaugar, relax in the waters of a natural, geothermal pool. If you are feeling a bit more active, take wilderness hikes in the stunning surroundings. Hiking maps are available to purchase on the transfer bus.
- Transportation by coach
- English-speaking bus attendant
- Food and drinks
- Hiking maps (available to purchase on the bus)
Meet at the Harpa Concert Hall in Reykjavík or in Hella (please note that the pick-up from Hella must be booked at least 24 hours before departure). (Open in Google Maps)
• Please bring warm, layered clothing, a hat, gloves, good shoes and your swim suit and a towel (if you want to enjoy the geothermal pool)
• You are strongly advised to bring a packed lunch and snacks
Product ID: 69825