Take a bath in the healing waters of Iceland’s Blue Lagoon, and travel through the volcanic landscapes of the Golden Circle on an 11-hour tour from Reykjavik. Discover the site of the 1st Icelandic parliament at Alþingi, and marvel at glacial waterfalls.
What to Expect
Explore the incredible landscape of Iceland’s Golden Circle on a full-day tour from Reykjavik. Enjoy a morning visit to the Blue Lagoon to take a bath in the unique geothermal spa, and then continue into the volcanic landscapes of the famous Golden Circle.
Ideal for visitors with limited time in Iceland, but who still want to make the most of their stay, the tour includes transfers from Reykjavik in the morning so that you can laze in the geothermal spa of a lava field south of the city. Upon arrival at the Blue Lagoon, make use of the many recreational options, such as walks in the Blue Lagoon’s spectacular surroundings, or just bathe in the milky blue-green water to experience its healing properties.
At midday, return to Reykjavík to travel along the legendary Golden Circle. Visit Þingvellir, where the Icelandic parliament, Alþingi, was founded in the year 930 AD. The parliament gatherings continued up until the 20th century, and the area is renowned for its geological wonders.
Next, marvel at the majestic Gullfoss waterfall of glacial waters, and continue to the spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. Drive through the farmlands of the Icelandic countryside, before traveling over the mountain heath of Hellisheiði and back to the capital.
- Guidance at Gullfoss and Geysir
- Bathing fee at the Blue Lagoon bathing area
What's Not Included
- Guidance on the Blue Lagoon transfer
- Guided tour of Blue Lagoon (available a an optional extra)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the pick-up starts 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour departure time. Please wait outside your hotel or guesthouse for the pick-up bus. Please provide your hotel information at the time of booking so that the supplier knows where to pick you up
• Please bring a towel and bathing suit. These can also be rented at the Blue Lagoon for a small fee
• Please note that the discount for children and youths is a family discount, and applies to maximum 2 children/youths per each full paying adult