The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colors across the Icelandic Arctic sky. See if you can spot them for yourself on this 3-hour tour from Reykjavik.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Please be ready 30 minutes prior to the tour departure time. The bus will be marked Reykjavík Excursions.
- See the Northern Lights dancing upon the Arctic skyline
- Enjoy a 3-hour tour led by an English-speaking guide
- Join the tour again free of charge if you do not see the lights the first time round
- Bus fare
- English-speaking guide
- 3-hour tour searching for the Northern Lights
- Refreshments not included
- Pickup at hotels and guesthouses in central Reykjavik, unless option selected
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The main departure point for Reykjavík Excursion day tours is from the BSI Bus Terminal. Please be ready at the BSI Bus Terminal 15 minutes prior to the departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 11.
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. Please check your emails for any updates before the tour and ask the receptionist of your hotel if the tour is running as usual.
- Remember to dress warmly with multiple layers of clothing. To enjoy the Northern Lights, you may spend long periods of time standing outside in very cold winter conditions.
- It's important to stay warm when you're out gazing up at the sky, which is why freshly baked waffles and hot beverages are available for sale on site on the 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM departures.