Experience a safari adventure in a Land Rover Defender accompanied by a qualified driver and guide. Discover all the hidden and inaccessible sides of the Rethymno region in 8 hours. Hotel pick-up and drop off and lunch is included. Suitable for all ages.
What to Expect
After hotel pick-up at around 09:00, discover the region of Rethymno. Take in the breathtaking view of Prasses Gorge and admire the wonders of the Cretan nature. Get ready to be amazed by the impressive wings of the vultures that live in the gorges and are one of the most important species of wildlife on the island, as well as buzzards, flora and fauna. Experience the relaxing power of the Dam of Potamon. See the small church built by the lake as a reminder of the importance of religion on the island.
Get to know the island's traditions by visiting different Cretan villages such as Karines and Spili, and learn about the locals' customs and habits. Taste the original recipe of the most famous Cretan drink, the so-called 'raki,' produced in the village as only locals know how to make. Enjoy Cretan specialties at a traditional tavern by the Libyan sea (meal included). Swim in the crystal waters of Preveli and explore the Palm forest. Feel the wind as you stop at the Kourtaliotiko Gorge in this majestic scenery of wild nature. The tour will end with an amazing panoramic view of the city of Rethymno, and you'll feel complete with all these wonderful images of your day fresh in your mind.
- Unlimited wine (white & red)
- Professional local guide
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel and insurance
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required