Quito Legends and CultureProduct ID: 28320
From £64.68 per personBook now
- Experience the atmosphere of a local fresh produce market
- Sample the flavors of Ecuador
- Visit one of Quito’s oldest woodcarving workshops and try your hand at the craft
- Walk through Quito’s historical Old Town and hear the stories and legends of this historic center
- Enjoy ice cream made from unique South American ingredients
- Pop into a local chocolate factory to sample what just might be the best chocolate in the world
Continue on to La Compañía de Jesús, a breathtaking old Jesuit church with a façade carved entirely out of volcanic stone and an interior covered in gold leaf. Explore the old University of San Gregorio and then continue walking through ancient streets on our way to La Ronda, one of the most traditional old Quito streets.
Next up, you’ll visit a woodcarving workshop where the artisans still work in the old Quito school style — and maybe even get to try it out yourself! Learn how to carve, gold plate, and set just as Ecuadorian ancestors used to do. Talk about a hands-on experience! While you’re there, you’ll get the chance to talk with these incredible artists and learn more about their craft.
Then, it’s time for a sweet delight as you learn how to make chocolate — in the local old-fashioned way, of course. And, best of all, you’ll get to try all the varieties of what just might be the best chocolate in the world. Finally, stop at one of the most traditional ice cream shops of Old Town, where amazing new flavors will be waiting for you. Are you brave enough to try a morocho corn ice cream or maybe even quinoa?!
With all that Quito culture in your heads (and bellies!), you'll walk back to the main square meeting point to end this amazing adventure.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Chocolate-making session and tasting
- Ice cream
- Additional food and drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Transportation to and from the main square
Old town Plaza Grande (main square) at the Independence Monument (Open in Google Maps)
We suggest wearing comfortable clothing, a sweater or light jacket, comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, and a hat.
Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children 6 years or below are not permitted on this day tour in Quito.
Group size: Maximum 12.
Departure days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Duration: 4 hours
Start Time: 14:00
Finish Time: 18:00
Product ID: 28320