Take on New Zealand’s greatest jet boat adventure! See breathtaking views on a tour of Skippers Canyon and then speed down Shotover River on a jet boat - and hold on tight as your driver does skillful maneuvers and spins!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Experience the stunning scenery of Skippers Canyon
- Travel the infamous Skippers Canyon Road - where no rental car is insured!
- Jet through the narrowest canyons on the famous Shotover River
- Discover a land rich in gold mining history where getting into the canyon is half the adventure!
- Return transport from central Queenstown
- Guided tour into Skippers Canyon
- Informative commentary from knowledgeable bus driver
- 30-minute jet boat ride on the upper Shotover River
- Spectacular scenery and photo opportunities
- Life jackets and spray jackets (gloves in winter)
- Meals and drinks
- Photo or video packages (available for purchase on the day)
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Station Building, corner of Shotover and Camp Streets, Central Queenstown. Meet the driver outside by the wooden benches on the Camp Street side.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This is a true backcountry experience and getting there is half the fun!
- It is recommended to use the toilet prior to departing Queenstown as there will not be an opportunity to do so on the tour
- Dress for the conditions on the day, wear warm clothing and bring a hat, sunglasses, camera, insect repellent and water
- Minimum age requirement is 3 years for children
- Tour is suitable for all ages as long as mobility is not a problem
- Please advise the local operator if you have any medical conditions, back problems or are pregnant