Discover New Zealand from the sky with this exclusive sightseeing tour. Experience the best of Queenstown and the South Island by seeing its fiords, native forests and glaciers.
What to Expect
Enjoy an exclusive sightseeing tour to the very best locations in Queenstown and the South Island of New Zealand. View New Zealand’s magnificent fiords, native forests, and glaciers from above.
Milford Sound is situated on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. It is a world-renowned area of extraordinary beauty. Milford Sound is actually incorrectly named a sound. Rather it is a true fiord, which measures 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) long and is up to 1,050 feet (320 meters) deep.
The fiord receives an average yearly rainfall of approximately 300 inches (7.5 meters) because it is situated on one of the world’s most formidable coastlines, which is subject to rapidly changing weather conditions. The weather is famous for its ability to deteriorate or improve within a very short period of time.
These dramatic weather patterns result in some of nature’s most amazing scenery transformations, especially when viewed from above.
The flight to and from Milford Sound has regularly been described as the most spectacular way to visit Milford Sound. This trip covers the same scenic flight path as the Milford Sound Fly/Cruise/Fly options, in the most cost effective way all within a short time period. This trip is ideal for those who are on their final day in Queenstown, with another flight or land connection departing later in the afternoon.
- Pick-up and drop-off from accommodation
- Personalized greeting and trip overview on the wall map, prior to departure
- All aircrafts are 'high-wing' providing unobstructed views of the scenery
- In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- 35 minute scenic flight to Milford Sound
- 15 minutes on the ground in Milford with time to soak in the scenery, explore and take photographs
- 35 minutes scenic flight to Queenstown via different route