Discover New Zealand from the sky with an exclusive sightseeing tour. Experience the very best of Queenstown and the South Island. See fiords, native forests, glaciers, New Zealand's stunning native bird life, seals, penguins, and dolphins.
What to Expect
This is an intimate experience with numbers capped at 150, and on-board guides offering personal attention. The “Spirit of Milford” catamaran explores nooks and crannies along the edge of the fiord, nudging into sheer rock faces to examine flora and fauna in detail for 2 hours.
This ‘ecotour’ is perfect for close-up shots of seals, birds and other wildlife, including dolphins ‘riding’ the bow wave and the rarest penguin in the world, the Fiordland crested penguin (spring and autumn).
The smaller boat helps you appreciate the sheer size and grandeur of the fiord’s cliff faces rising hundreds of meters out of the water, scarred here and there by tree falls. You’ll get within touching distance of impressive geological features and close enough to catch and drink pure glacial water, or feel the full force from the powerful 15,000-year-old Stirling Falls (they’ve got jackets on board to keep you dry!).
Join the skipper on the bridge for a bird's-eye view and see first-hand how the boat operates. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, with a delicious lunch included in this option.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation
- Personalized greeting and trip overview on the wall map, prior to departure
- In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- Optional bush walk to the boat docks, which gives the opportunity to learn more about the native environment
- Nature Cruise in Milford Sound with informative and friendly wilderness guides aboard
- Reserved seating and complimentary tea/coffee and water
- Lunch - during the summer season a buffet lunch and during the winter season a picnic lunch and hot soup
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic beverages (can be purchased aboard)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The weather plays a significant part in flying in the region and Air Milford will only operate if conditions allow both a safe and enjoyable experience. If the trip is cancelled due to weather, then the booking can simply be rolled to the next available flying day