Experience heart-racing fun on the world’s first commercial Jet boat ride. Enjoy unforgettable thrills, spins and exhilaration across three waterways in one of the world’s most stunning locations.
What to Expect
You can step onto a big yellow every hour at the Main Town Pier located in the center of Queenstown. In an unforgettable jet boat experience you’ll be transported from the sophisticated downtown area into the shallow channels of two of New Zealand’s most scenic rivers. Enjoy the acceleration and exhilaration in one of twin engine Jet boats as you roar across crystal clear Lake Wakatipu at speeds of up to 85kph, surrounded by majestic mountains and mesmerizing scenery.
Take in stunning views of the the remarkable mountain range as you zoom under the Kawarau Dam onto the deep turquoise waters of the Kawarau River. Hold on tight as your expert driver takes you for some 360° spins along the way. The adventure heightens as you travel up the shallow channels of the narrow braided Shotover River in water that’s 5cm deep in some places.
On your return to Queenstown, get up close and personal with the fascinating rainbow trout and lake-life at Queenstown’s Underwater Observatory. Only KJet offers over 60 minutes of unforgettable thrills, spins and exhilaration across three waterways in one of the world’s most stunning locations.
- 60 minute Jet boat ride
- Entry to Queenstown's Underwater Observatory
- Safety briefing
- Life jacket and spray jacket
What's Not Included
- Photo and video packs (available to purchase after your trip)
Know Before You Go
• In summer, you'll need sunglasses and sunscreen. In winter, it pays to dress warmly, including jackets, hats and gloves.
• Life jackets are provided along with optional waterproof jackets.
• Cameras are welcome but at your own risk.