Discover New Zealand from the sky with Air Milford's exclusive sightseeing tours. Experience the very best of Queenstown and the South Island. See fiords, native forests, glaciers, New Zealand's stunning native bird life, seals, penguins, and dolphins.
What to Expect
Enjoy an exclusive sightseeing tour to the very best locations in Queenstown and the South Island of New Zealand. Discover New Zealand’s magnificent fiords, native forests, and glaciers, as well as the island's stunning native bird life, seals, penguins, and dolphins.
Milford Sound is situated on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. It is a world-renowned area of extraordinary beauty. Milford Sound is actually incorrectly named a sound. Rather it is a true fiord, which measures 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) long and is up to 1,050 feet (320 meters) deep.
The fiord receives an average yearly rainfall of approximately 300 inches (7.5 meters) because it is situated on one of the world’s most formidable coastlines, which is subject to rapidly changing weather conditions. The weather is famous for its ability to deteriorate or improve within a very short period of time.
These dramatic weather patterns result in some of nature’s most amazing scenery transformations, especially when viewed from above.
The tour includes:
*Pick-up and drop off from accommodation
*Milford Sound scenic flights, there and back
*A cruise aboard a small boutique cruise ship with reserved seating on the boat
*Morning or afternoon tea
*Pilot escort from plane to boat through native forest
- Complimentary pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation
- Personalized greeting and trip overview on the wall map, prior to departure
- All aircraft are 'high-wing' providing unobstructed views of the scenery
- In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- Milford Sound excursions include an optional bush walk to the boat docks, which gives the opportunity to learn more about the native environment
- For those on the Milford fly/cruise/fly tour, reserved upstairs seating is provided and complimentary tea/coffee and muffin, on the small boutique cruise boat
- Lunches can be arranged on all excursions
- All flights take an alternate route on the return journey to provide the the most diverse type of sightseeing possible
Know Before You Go
• The weather plays a significant part in flying in the region and Air Milford will only operate if conditions allow both a safe and enjoyable experience. If the trip is cancelled due to weather, then the booking can simply be rolled to the next available flying day