Sail to a quiet island of the Great Barrier Reef where visitor numbers are limited but the wildlife is abundant. Climb on board the 30-meter catamaran Wavedancer and enjoy an idyllic day on an unspoilt coral cay island.
What to Expect
Climb aboard Quicksilver’s luxury 30-metre (99-foot) Wavedancer sailing catamaran and sail to the idyllic Great Barrier Reef island of Low Isles. Enjoy a relaxing day out for families and couples in a tropical island paradise ambiance.
Set like a jewel in the Great Barrier Reef, Low Isles is an unspoilt coral cay island, and from the moment you moor in the calm waters of a picturesque lagoon, a host of reef activities awaits.
Before your arrival at Low Isles, a marine biologist will conduct an informative talk to provide passengers with an appreciation of the reef, enabling you to view the corals with informed eyes. Once at Low Isles, they will take you on a snorkel tour to view the various colorful creatures of the reef. Alternatively, see turtles and many brightly colored tropical fish from a glass bottomed boat.
Back on the beach, join a marine biologist guided beach walk to discover the unique marine life living at the water’s edge. Then relax and tuck in to a delicious tropical buffet lunch.
- Wavedancer cruise from Port Douglas Marina
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkeling equipment and instruction provided (mask, snorkel, and fins)
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Marine biologist guided beach walk
- Guided snorkeling trips with marine biologist
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Additional cost: AUD 6.50 per person payable on check-in for Government Environment Management Charge. This charge is payable direct to Quicksilver on the day of travel.
• Luxury coach transfers are available from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas accommodations. Guests joining the cruise from Cairns or the Northern Beaches will enjoy full commentary on the journey along one of Australia's most beautiful scenic coastal drives