Discover the jewel of the Pyrenees on a full day tour to Ainsa from Barcelona, and explore the old town to experience the spirit of the Middle Ages. Visit top quality wineries and enjoy the traditional food of the Aragonese region at lunch.
What to Expect
Travel by private vehicle from Barcelona to the Pyrenees for this full-day tour of the historic town of Ainsa, capital of the Ainsa-Sobrarbe region in the province of Huesca, Aragón. Declared an historical-artistic complex by the Spanish government in 1965, the intense restoration has kept the old town's medieval spirit intact.
En route, stop at an organic olive oil factory to savor some of the traditional emerald liquid of the region. Then, learn how Aragonese wine is made at 2 high quality wineries of the Denominación de Origen Somontano.
Continue to Aínsa in the heart of the Pyrenees mountains for a traditional lunch based on ancient recipies. Then, stroll the charming streets with a local guide, who will tell you all the secrets of the picturesque town.
Go to Plaza Mayor to see the site of the traditional market under its arcades. Admire the Romanesque Church of Santa María, and the 11th-century castle. Your guide will also take you to the Cruz Cubierta shrine, built in 1655 to commemorate the victory of the Christians over the Arabs in 724.
- Tour of a Somontano winery with wine tasting
- Visit to an organic olive oil factory with olive oil tasting
- Transportation from Barcelona to Aínsa and back
- Traditional lunch of delicious local produce and dishes from the region
- Guided tour of the old town of Aínsa
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the tour is in English
• Please advise of any dietary requirements (vegetarian, allergies etc.)
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• Tours operate with a maximum 8 participants. Private tours are available on request
• You can join the tour in the Ainsa area on request if you are not staying in Barcelona