Visit the Taino Cave Museum and experience the wonders of this cave that took millions of years to form. Learn about the history of the Taino people at the museum, and then head to the Pirate Rum Factory, where you’ll taste 8 famous rum flavors.
What to Expect
The 2-hour tour begins with a private pick-up at your Punta Cana hotel and a transfer to the Taino Cave Museum. The Tainos were native American people (now extinct) who lived on the Greater Antilles and the Bahamas.
At the entrance to the museum is a carving of a giant-sized Taino god – a great spot for your first photos! The tour guide will give you a hard hat and take you into the cave, where you'll explore the interior as you hear about the rich history of the Caribbean.
Marvel at the amazing active stalactites and stalagmites, and feel as if you've traveled back in time to a magical world run by elves and trolls. Learn about the history of the Tainos, dating to 500 years before the arrival of Christopher Columbus. You'll also hear about the impact the Spanish conquistadors had on the native inhabitants.
Next is a visit to the Pirate Rum Factory, where you'll learn how the famous rum is produced and infused naturally with indigenous fruits of the Dominican Republic. The rum is an original recipe produced by pirates who sailed the Caribbean more than 300 years ago.
Admire the beautiful hand-painted bottles that are truly works of art. Enjoy a sampling of 8 famous pirate rum flavors including coconut, coconut punch, coffee, passion fruit, pineapple, banana, lime, and mamajuana. Don't be shy to ask for more! You can also buy a bottle to take home.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Small and large group tours
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Rum tasting
- Hard hat
- Drinking water
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
• You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
• The child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
• The minimum drinking age is 18 years
• Tours may be conducted by a multilingual guide (English, Spanish, and French)
• A small amount of walking is involved
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• The tour is not wheelchair accessible
• The stated duration of transfers are approximate, and exact durations depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
• Tours operate in all weather conditions, so please dress accordingly