Meet the squirrel monkeys of Monkey Land in the mountains of Anamuya on a 5-hour tour from Punta Cana. Visit a typical Dominican home, and walk the Botanical Garden trails. Enjoy fresh tropical fruits and island coffee, and much more.
What to Expect
Come face-to-face with squirrel monkeys on an unforgettable excursion to the Anamuya Mountains. Following a pick-up from your hotel in Punta Cana, transfer to the scenic mountain area and experience the typical life on the streets along the way.
Enter a lovely botanical gardens to learn about the native plants and flowers of the island as you walk the garden trails. Next, take a 45-minute guided tour to interact with 16 beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys. These intelligent animals have been trained to trust and enjoy the company of humans in their 5-acre home!
Marvel as they climb down from the trees to sit on your shoulder and eat from your hand. They love anything shiny and interesting, so be careful about what you wear or put in your hair (and watch your sunglasses!) Laugh as they pose for the cameras, or sit and watch themselves on your camera if you allow.
Continue through the eastern mountain range until you reach a colorful village to visit a typical house. Sample fresh and organic coffee, cacao, and tropical fruits, and learn more about life on the island before the return transfer to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Round-trip transportation
- Entrance fee to Monkey Land
- Bottled water and soft drinks
What's Not Included
- Any souvenirs bought at Monkey Land or from the typical Dominican house
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that clients who are pregnant, suffer from heart conditions, a disability and/or mobility problems, epilepsy, allergies, or upper respiratory infection cannot take part in this tour
• Please bring: comfortable shoes and clothes, your camera, and money for souvenirs