Hispaniola Island Full-Day VIP Tour from Punta Cana
From £107 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from the reception of your hotel, unless another meeting point is specified
- Explore the island of Hispaniola, claimed by Columbus on his 1st voyage in 1492
- Watch master craftsmen rolling cigars, and find authentic handicrafts
- Go to the artists village of Altos de Chavón and experience the bohemian way of life
- Enjoy a grilled lobster lunch on the Chavón River
- See rare Taino relics at the Regional Archeological Museum
- Make a pilgrimage to the Higüey Basilica shrine
- Experience the tropical landscape from a riverboat
- Discover a replica Roman amphitheater at Altos de Chavón
Journey across enthralling rural landscapes as an experienced guide shows you every nook and cranny of the humble land and its people. Go to the city of La Romana, one of the most popular resort towns of the Dominican Republic. Learn about Dominican culture, including its love of baseball. Visit the Francisco A. Micheli Stadium, home to the Toros del Este. Delve into the history of legendary Dominican players who have made it to the Major League.
Then, watch master craftsmen rolling a cigar at Tabacalera de García, the world’s largest cigar factory. Continue to an artisan village to experience the bona fide bohemian lifestyle of the island. Discover why La Romana flourished, and why Altos de Chavón enjoys such prosperity today. Walk through lush tropical gardens, and see a replica of a Roman-style amphitheater.
Explore Taino archeological finds at the Regional Archeological Museum. Then, shop for genuine handicrafts at one of the picturesque gift shops along the path. Next, board a riverboat and glide down the Chavón River. Marvel at the dazzling panoramas of a tropical paradise as you devour a delicious grilled lobster lunch. Feel the warmth of the tropical sun caress your skin as the waves drift to the cadence of merengue.
End with a spiritual pilgrimage to the shrine at Higüey Basilica, where Dominicans come to worship their Patron Saint, the Virgin of Altagracias.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Grilled lobster lunch, fresh seafood salad (1.5-2 pound grilled Caribbean lobster, served with rice and vegetables, fruits, and coffee. A chicken breast option with rice and vegetables is available to anyone that doesn't eat lobster)
- Soft drinks, beer, rum, and wine at lunch
Pick-up from the following hotels, resorts and meeting points: Punta Cana Beach Resort Club Med (main gate) Sanctuary Hotel & Cap Cana Natura Park Dreams Palm Beach Be Live Punta Cana (Bavaro) Catalonia Bavaro & Royal Barcelo Palace Deluxe Barcelo Beach at convencion center Ifa Villas Bavaro Melia Caribe Tropical Paradisus Palma Real Now Larimar & Royal Tropical Alisios Barcelo Dominican Beach Carabela Palladium Palace Palladium Punta Cana Palladium Bavaro Meeting point Flamenco Bavaro Princess Paradisus Punta Cana Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana Princess VIK Hotel Arena Blanca Ocean Blue Iberostar Grand Iberostar Dominicana Iberostar Punta Cana Riu Palace Punta Cana RIU Bambu RIU Palace Macao RIU Bavaro RIU Naiboa Bahia Principe Punta Cana Bahia Principe Bavaro Majestic Colonial Majestic Elegance Gran Paradise Meeting Point Barcelo Premium Punta Cana Moon Palace Sivory Aqua Excellence Punta Cana Sirenis Dreams Punta Cana Nouvelle Frontiere
• This tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility, the disabled, or pregnant woman due to uneven terrain
Product ID: 28686