Spend a full day exploring the Dominican Republic on this top-rated safari. Meet a local family in their home, enjoying a fresh cup of local coffee or chocolate with them. Have lunch at a mountaintop ranch, and try a boogie board at Macao beach.
What to Expect
Your full-day safari from Punta Cana begins when you’re picked up at your accommodation and head off to visit a Dominican family in their home.
Enjoy a drink of freshly made coffee or chocolate with the family. Take a walk through a coffee and chocolate plantation and see how these natural products are harvested and produced. Stop at a local school, meet the children, and learn about local education.
You’ll have a delicious family-style Dominican lunch at a mountaintop ranch that offers panoramic views of the Punta Cana and Bavaro areas. See native animals such as crocodiles, iguanas, turtles, and others. Watch the process of hand-rolling famous Dominican cigars – and give one a try!
Buy some souvenirs at a rum shack, where you’ll find local products such as rum, cigars, coffee, and lots more, all at local prices! See how coconut oil and milk are produced in a small countryside workshop. Have fun boogie boarding at beautiful Macao beach or just relax in the Caribbean sunshine with a cocktail in your hand.
This is an all-inclusive tour with a free flow of purified water, soft drinks, rum, and beer throughout the day. Your fun and professional English-speaking guide will keep it interesting with stories about the history, culture, plants, animals, and local way of life.
- Pick-up and ground transportation
- Coffee and cocoa tasting
- Meals and drinks (water, sodas, local rum, and beer)
- Professional multi-lingual guide
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
• Take the time to enjoy a good breakfast before the tour
• Bring along and use plenty of sunscreen, especially at the beach
• Bring along and use insect repellent
• Bring a hat for the sun and a spare T-shirt for boogie boarding to protect your shoulders
• Be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated throughout the day
• Bring swimwear and a towel for the beach, and water shoes if you have them (you can change at the ranch before heading to the beach)
• Bring a camera for the many wonderful photo opportunities
• Don’t forget to bring some money, as you may want to buy a bottle (or more) of rum or local products and souvenirs at local prices