Delight in an excursion that lets you swim with dolphins at the Ocean World Adventure Park at Cofresi Beach. Site of the largest man-made dolphin habitat in the world, you will laugh and learn with dolphins and sea lions in an interactive adventure.
What to Expect
Your full-day excursion begins with a hotel pick-up from Puerto Plata for the drive to Cofresi Beach by comfortable coach. Location for the Ocean World Adventure Park, you will have the day to explore, with plenty of free time to spend at leisure
Highlights of the day are a 30-minute swim with Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and a visit to the sea lion enclosure.
Your dolphin swim begins with a brief orientation, before entering the water for your introduction, face to snout. Here you will learn about dolphin behaviour and discover how the trainers use hand signals and positive reinforcement to talk with the lovable creatures.
Then it is on to meet the sea lions. Known as the clowns of the sea, you will get up close and personal during a 30-minute poolside encounter. Touch, feed and play with them as you learn about their natural habitat during an instructive talk. Prepare to giggle with delight as they perform their comical stunts.
The program also includes a Day Pass to the other attractions of the Ocean World Adventure Park. Explore at your own pace as you listen to exotic tropical birds, visit the Pirate's Pool and walk through a tropical rain forest. Lunch is included.
- 30-minute dolphin swim program, preceded by lecture on dolphins
- 30-minute sea lion encounter program, preceded by lecture on sea lions
- Lunch Included
- Round trip bus transfer from nearby hotels
- Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium
- Rainforest and Bird Exhibit and Habitat of Iguanas
- Pirate's Pool
- Usage of Dolphin Beach (lounge chairs are included)
- Observation of Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Show, Shark Show, Tropical Bird Show
What's Not Included
- Drinks are not included
- Transporation from hotels outside Puerto Plata (USD 5 surcharge for clients in hotels in Sosua and Cabarete. USD 10 surcharge for clients in hotels in Luperon, Rio San Juan and Playa Grande)
Know Before You Go
• What to bring: camera, bathing suit, towel, sun-block, additional money for pictures and souvenirs
• Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
• This program is not suitable for children under 5 years of age, and pregnant women