Taste some of the most sought-after wines that Spain has to offer, and see the process of their creation, on this day tour of Catalonia's Priorat region. Dine in a local restaurant, visit the ruins of theand old monastery, and enjoy an olive oil tasting.
What to Expect
Taste the wines of the region and see how they’re made on this day tour of Catalonia's Priorat region. Located to the south-west of Catalonia, Priorat has been producing wine since the 12th century. In modern times it has been classified as a DO region since 1954, and in 2003 was reclassified as DOCa; the highest qualification level for a wine region according to Spanish wine regulation, and only one of two regions to hold this classification.
Visit two of the most prominent wineries in the region. Learn the process of their creation from grape to bottle. See inside and taste the produce of both modern and locally owned family wineries like Clos de l’Obac, Buil I Gine, Falset Marca, and Val Llach.
Lunch in a local restaurant and accompany your meal with more fantastic wine. Visit the ruins of the Monastery of Scala Dei; one of the most beautifully located wineries in the Iberian Peninsula, and finally partake in an informal olive oil tasting in an olive oil shop.
- Two winery visits with tour and wine tasting
- Traditional 3-course lunch with wine and coffee
- Tour information sent before the tour
Know Before You Go
Price is per person and depends on the number of people in the group. Discounts apply for
• Wineries visited will depend on availability and your personal preferences. Once the date is chosen we will confirm wineries and restaurant. You can suggest any winery you may want to visit and we will try to accommodate your suggestions.
• Sundays are not the best days for visiting wineries since many of them are closed. Some wineries are also closed on Saturdays. However excursions can still be arranged on those days with a more limited winery selection.
• Although this is a private tour, it is not guaranteed that the winery visit will be just for your group, unless specifically requested.
• Usually you will taste two wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.