Prague: Vinohrady District Walking TourProduct ID: 63368
From £13.10 per personBook now
- Stroll the elegant streets of Prague's Vinohrady district
- See buildings from the neo-Baroque, neo-Renaissance, and Art Nouveau
- Discover a church inspired by Noah's Ark
- Walk around some of the many parks and narrow streets
Built on the site of former vineyards (hence its name), Vinohrady began to see a residential community inhabit the area from around 1850. It has been the home of the bourgeoisie since the 19th century, and boasts castle-like houses, beautiful parks, and many foreign residents.
Experience Vinohrady’s unique atmosphere and learn its rich history, including how it sheltered many nationalists that created the nation state. Discover some of the symbols of the movement, and hear about the efforts to prove equal to the Germans and Austrians.
See a Catholic church inspired by Noah's Ark, along with revivalist-style buildings from the neo-Renaissance and neo-Baroque. A local guide will show you the best of Vinohrady in the context of Czech history from the late Middle Ages through to modern times.
Meet in front of the main entrance to the church at Náměstí Míru (square) Directions: Take the subway (Line A) to Náměstí Míru (the easiest way to get there from the historical center), or take trams 4, 10, 16, or 22, or bus number 135 (Open in Google Maps)
• Please be aware that the Vinohrady district is a hilly area that might be a challenge for people with walking disabilities or in wheelchairs
Product ID: 63368