Prague Communism Tour with Nuclear Bunker VisitProduct ID: 58148
From £33.19 per personBook now
- Learn about life under Communism in Prague
- See a collection of Soviet transmitters and original police equipment
- Go inside a nuclear bunker built in the 1950s
- Hear stories about the invasion of Prague, and the people who resisted the regime
- Discover how Czechoslovakia fell to Communist rule in 1948
Your guide will also talk about events between 1968 and 1969, known as the “Prague Spring.” Learn how the Czech’s lived in fear, and hear stories of the people who decided to stand against the regime. Get personal stories about the invasion of the armies of the Warsaw Pact.
Then, visit a real nuclear bunker built in the 1950s, and discover how it was built to protect only the chosen ones in the event of a nuclear war. Your guide will tell you interesting facts about the secret plans of the Czechoslovak military, and how the country would work after the bombing.
Learn about Communist spying techniques, and hear how the border guards that protected the Iron Curtain lived. See original police equipment, military uniforms, border guard equipment, weapons, and a collection of Soviet transmitters.
- Entrance ticket to the Nuclear Bunker
Meet in front of the tourist information center in the Old Town Hall (left of the Astronomical Clock) on Old Town Square, Prague. Your guide will be holding a lime green umbrella. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 58148