Prague: Half-Day Alternative Walking TourProduct ID: 42172
- Explore contemporary art, street art, graffiti, and Prague's coolest districts
- Learn about the development of a unique art and nightlife culture after the fall of Communism (Velvet Revolution)
- Visit the alternative art venue Trafačka and it's controversial art gallery
- Get tips on Prague's nightlife, including where to drink and party like a local
- Go to skate parks, an urban bio garden, and designer clothing shops
- Visit the best independent music club in Prague
- Receive a free map of the city with tons of useful tips for your stay
Discover the hotspots in the Old Town and New Town, as well as alternative neighborhoods such as Karlín, Libeň, and Holešovice. No other tour covers these areas. Learn about the city’s subcultures, graffiti art, and underground music scene, as well as the illegal punk scene before the Velvet Revolution.
Hear about the student protest movement of the 1960s, and the police riot at the CzechTek Festival in 2005. Explore the work of independent artists and the Free Tekno community, and hear how dubstep, grime, hip hop and drum and base have set Prague on fire.
Your guide will also tell you what to do, where to buy cool stuff, and how to enjoy Prague as the local youth do. As young artists who grew up in the city and live the cultural scene every day, they will have the inside track on what’s hot and what’s not.
- Alternative map of the city
- Summary of what you have seen during the tour with useful tips for your stay
- Public transport ticket (you will need a ticket for 90 minutes)
- Tips and personal expenses
In front of the Powder Tower (Prasna brana) on the Republic Square, accessible by subway line B Look for the guide holding a black umbrella with colored spots and a Prague Alternative Tours sign. (Open in Google Maps)
Don't forget your walking shoes and appropriate clothing, according to the weather
Product ID: 42172