Discover the most beautiful cave system in Bohemia on a 10-hour sightseeing tour of Koněprusy from Prague. See a stunning collection of mining monuments in Příbram, and end with a tour of the twin castles of Žebrák and Točník in Central Bohemia.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of central Prague on a full-day tour of Central Bohemia, departing the city center for a 50-kilometer drive to the Protected Landscape Area of Český Kras.
Explore the longest cave system in Bohemia, admiring the “Roses of Koněprusy” collection of important archaeological finds and a hidden forgers‘ workshop. Discovered in 1950, among the caves’ treasures are the “mint“ where the silver hussite pennies with the Czech lion emblem were forged from copper and amalgam.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, before going to the mining district of Březová Hora to see a National Cultural Monument in Příbram. Learn about ore mining in the area since the 16th century, and the great revolutions of the 19th century when the amount of ore mined accounted for 90% of the Habsburg state.
See old steam machines from the 19th century, a water wheel that measures 12.4 meters in diameter, and a mining shaft that’s 1,600 meters deep. End with a visit to the picturesque twin castles of Žebrák and Točník, founded in the 2nd half of the 13th century, and 2nd half of the 14th century respectively, before returning to Prague for a drop off between 18:00 and 19:00.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (or drop off at Václavské náměstí)
- Local guide
- Admission fees
- Cooled water en route
- Wi-Fi en route
Know Before You Go
• Children under 6 years of age cannot participate in the tour of the medieval underground shaft for safety reasons
• You will be picked up from your hotel in Prague at approximately 08:45
• The transportation takes approximately 1 hour, allowing you to admire the beautiful scenery of central Bohemia along the way
• Don´t forget to bring your camera
• Please take warm clothes with you as it is cold inside the caves