Discover the world of film on a visit to Filmpark Babelsberg in Potsdam. Immerse yourself in the 100-year history of the movie town, visit the 4D and XD cinemas, see original outdoor film sets, and discover great shows.
What to Expect
Take a look behind the scenes of the film industry and experience a unique combination of entertainment, action and fun at a historical site. Discover the past and present of the 100-year-old movie town at the "Dreamworkers" atelier. Visit the exciting live shows, TV shows or movie animals in front of the camera and see how creative film craft comes alive.
Fascinating film sets and exhibitions invite you to dive into the world of illusions. Experience the 4D action cinema or the interactive XD adventure cinema. Listen to the audio guide, learn more about the Berlin actress and director Katharina Thalbach, and follow in the footsteps of filmmakers. Satisfy your culinary desires at the themed restaurant "Prince Valiant". Group offers and special tours also provide a glimpse into the exciting work of film professionals. See the original outdoor set of the German soap opera GZSZ (Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten), among other interesting items.
• Movie animals on camera
• Interactive TV show
• Stunt show in the volcano arena
• "Dreamworkers" Atelier
• Exhibition on the movie "The Sandmann – Adventures in Dreamland"
• Interactive XD experience cinema in the Dome of Babelsberg
• 4D action cinema
• Dock 8 - the mysterious submarine (approximately 10-15 minutes, up to 35 people)
• Caligari Hall - luckdragon from "The Neverending Story" and models from the German telveision series "Timm Thaler"
Outdoor film sets:
• Western Street, Gardens of Little Mook, Medieval Town, Witch's Cottage, and Boulevard of the Giants
• The Trip to Panama – Janosch’s dreamland with boat ride
• Original house wagon from the ZDF series "Löwenzahn"
• Guided tour of the original Gute Zeiten Schlecte Zeiten outdoor sets
- Day ticket for Filmpark Babelsberg
- Guided tour of the original GZST outdoor set
- Map of the grounds
What's Not Included
- Food and drink
- Audio guide (available to hire in German, Polish, English, or French for EUR 3)
Know Before You Go
Please note that the programs may be changed, cancelled or postponed due to production or the weather conditions.