Experience the scenic landscapes of the Douro Valley on a full-day cruise along the Douro River. Marvel at the vineyards that produce wines from one of Europe’s first demarcated wine lands. Go to Carrapetelo Dam for panoramic views of the countryside.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Porto for the day, and enjoy the peace and quiet of the Douro Valley as you cruise along the Douro River to a series of high dams. Marvel at the breathtaking views of the Douro Valley and Alijó in the Norte Region of Portugal.
Board the boat at Cais da Estiva in the Ribeira of Porto. Then, travel into the Douro Valley passing the vineyards of one of Europe’s earliest demarcated wine regions. Continue past Quintas to the Crestuma-Lever Dam in time for lunch.
Sail further along the Douro River to the high Carrapatelo Dam. Cross the “capital of wine” at Régua, and pause by the Barragem Dam at Bagaúste. At approximately 17:00, the boat will arrive at Pinhão, where you will have 1-hour of free time to explore the historic center on your own.
Return to Porto by train, departing at 18:20 for a scheduled arrival at Campanhã Train Station (Porto) at around 20:35.
- River Douro cruise
- Breakfast and lunch
- Return transportation by train (or bus)
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the cruise is subject to availability, weather, and sailing conditions
• The program can change without any prior notice
• In the event that there are problems with the train, the return transfer will be by bus
• Please note that the exact meeting point will be confirmed and advised by the operator after the booking is confirmed
• Please note that you need to print your GetYourGuide voucher for this activity