Explore one of the most unknown treasures in Porto and surprise yourself with the living nature of Gerês National Park. Enjoy a day of hiking and kayaking in the Park. Taste portuguese local food at lunch in a local village.
What to Expect
Explore one of the most unknown treasures in Porto and surprise yourself with the living nature of Gerês National Park. Enjoy a day of hiking and kayaking in the park. Taste local Portuguese food at lunch in a local village.
Leave your accommodation in Porto in the morning and travel to the Gerês National Park on an air- conditioned 4x4 Land Rover. After a journey of roughly 90 minutes, you’ll arrive to Caniçada lake, where you will kayak in calm waters and relax in golden beaches. Return on the 4x4 and discover what is Portugal beyond the city. Imagine waterfalls that drop into a green lagoon where you can swim and relax, hear the sound of the water falling and contemplate amazing rainbows. Stop in an old village called Ermida, meet the locals that live there and taste a traditional Portuguese lunch with local green wine.
After a full-day experiencing the best parts of Gerês National Park, relax on the returning trip back to your Porto's accommodation, arriving in the early evening.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Porto
- Guide and transportation in 4X4 Land Rover
- Personal insurance
- Traditional Portuguese lunch
- Photos and videos
- Contribution to the local associations that help to preserve nature and culture of villages located in National Park's area
Know Before You Go
• Bring swimming gear, a towel, and comfortable walking shoes and clothes
• Sunscreen is recommended
• The tour can be cancelled due to severe weather conditions (i.e. severe rain, snow or thunderstorms)
• The tour is not wheelchair accessible